2023 Scholarship Recipients
Apply for a Scholarship
Deadline Extended Until May 26, 2023!
Note to students: Congratulations on making a wise and exciting career choice! Becoming a CPA is not an easy journey, but it is incredibly rewarding in the end. Last year the New Mexico Society of CPAs awarded more than $26,000 to accounting students on their way to becoming a CPA. Please read the application instructions carefully and make sure to submit each piece of the packet before the March 31 deadline, or your application will not be considered. All application materials – except the official transcript – may be submitted online. Applications may also be submitted by mail, fax or email, please contact the NMSCPA if you need printable forms at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that NMSCPA will not notify applicants if something is missing from their application, but, upon request, will confirm what items have been received. Good luck! List of Available Scholarships and Descriptions.
- At the time of application, you must have completed a minimum of 12 semester hours in accounting and 75 hours overall. (by December 31, 2022)
- You are eligible to win scholarships from NMSCPA a maximum of three times.
- You must be enrolled in a qualifying university or college in New Mexico.
- You must plan to be enrolled in a qualifying university or college in New Mexico in the fall of 2023 (Aug - Dec 2023).
- You must have an overall GPA of “B” (3.0) or better.
- Entry Level Scholarships - The NMSCPA has set aside a few scholarships for accounting students that have completed 12 - 18 hours of college-level accounting courses (by December 31, 2022). Students who meet all of the general eligibility but have not completed more than 18 hours in accounting will be eligible for the “entry level” scholarships. Students with more than 18 hours in accounting will compete for the “advanced level” scholarships.
- Advanced Scholarships - Reserved for students who have completed 18+ hours of college-level accounting courses (by December 31, 2022) at the time of application and meet all of the general eligibility.
Click here to apply online
(New window will open and you will be directed to the This Way to CPA website where you must create an account to apply)
Please contact Jennifer@nmscpa.org with any questions.