- Choose the CPE program and, for seminars held in the NMSCPA classroom, select either the option to access a PDF of the course manual, or pay an additional $25 for the CPA Foundation to print a manual for you. The Foundation cannot provide a course manual for registrations received less than 10 days prior to the class date.
- Full payment, or purchase order, must accompany all registrations for NM CPA Foundation sponsored CPE programs
- All discounts must be requested at the time of registration; refunds for discounts will not be issued after the registration is processed
- $25 will be charged on checks returned for non-sufficient funds
- The registration fee includes instruction, refreshments, and in most cases, a PDF of the course materials and lunch. Course manuals printed by the Foundation are available, in most cases, for an additional fee of $25 (if your registration is received at least 10 days prior to the class date).
The full price registration fee posted is the price before incentives and discounts are applied. Incentives and discounts can be used in combination, often resulting in a $130 savings off the registration fee. The incentives and discounts that may be applied are:
- NMSCPA members may deduct $50 off of the Full Price of a full day seminar, $25 for a half day seminar. The member rate may also be used by non-CPA owners or employees, not eligible for Society membership, of any CPA firm who has at least one principal who is a member of the Society.
- AICPA members, registering for most AICPA produced seminars sponsored by NMSCPAs, may deduct $30 off of the Full Price. The AICPA discount does not apply to their four-hour seminars.
- The Plan & Save $50 discount may be applied if your registration and full payment are received in the Society office at least 14 days prior to the class date. The discount for half day classes is $25.
- If an exception to these standard discounts exists, it will be noted on the full course description page on our website.
Procedure After Receiving Registration & Full Payment:
- An e-mail confirmation is sent to you, usually within 48 hours of receiving your registration, if we have your current e-mail address, or else a confirmation postcard is mailed to you
- The confirmation guarantees your position in class, contains information pertinent to the class, and serves as a receipt for your payment
- Course materials, in most cases the registrant chooses the option -
- a PDF of the course materials is sent three working days prior to the program
- a printed manual is picked up at the course site the day of class. In order to select this option your registration must be received by the Foundation at least 10 days prior to the class date
Course Cancellation by the Foundation Due to Lack of Attendance:
- For GROUP LIVE (in-person classes), a decision is made at least one week prior to the presentation
- Any classes to be held VIRTUALLY DUE TO COVID-19 will be decided on at least three days prior to the presentation date
- All registrants are notified
- The Foundation is not responsible for penalties incurred by registrants who must cancel travel arrangements.
If for any reason you must cancel your class registration, the following refund or transfer policies apply:
- Six or more working days prior to the presentation date:
$25 administrative fee is charged if we must refund your money.
$0 there is no charge to transfer to another course within the same CPE Year.
- Four or five working days prior to the presentation date:
$50 administrative fee charged and your money transferred to another course.
$25 fee to obtain a printed course manual is forfeited without receiving the manual.
- Three or less working days prior to the presentation date:
Registration fee is forfeited. The printed course manual, if ordered, may be picked up at the Society offices within one month of the class date.
- Substitutions can always be made at no charge
- Transfer balances are non-refundable and must be used by the end of the CPE year or be forfeited
The New Mexico CPA Foundation is a proud sponsor of high-quality continuing professional education programs. We guarantee your overall satisfaction with these programs or we will refund your registration fee. Please contact Gail Christiansen, CPE director directly at 505-338-0903 regarding any disappointing aspect of your CPE experience. A refund request will be reviewed by the Society president.
Most Albuquerque classes are held in the NMSCPA classroom at our office address, 3400 Menaul Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107.
8:15 a.m. ---- Check-in at registration desk.
8:30 a.m. ---- Seminar begins.
12 noon ---- One-half hour is allotted for a buffet lunch, which is provided.
12:30 p.m. -- Seminar instruction resumes.
4:00 p.m. ---- Seminar ends; turn in evaluation form; CPE certificate is emailed to you.
Record Retention Policy
The Foundation retains, for a five year period, all documentation pertaining to the CPE courses it sponsors. This documentation includes complete records of attendance, including earned CPE credit, and documentation of the course itself. Course documentation includes: title, instructor, date, location, number of CPE credits possible, and a summary of the evaluation scores. NMSCPA members may request a copy of their CPE transcript.
For Clarification or Comment on These Policies:
- Kelcy Flanagan, CPE director directly at 505-338-0909, at the Society’s main number 505-246-1699, or toll free in New Mexico at 800-926-2522
- Email email@example.com