Why Choose a CPA?
Consider a CPA your trusted business advisor, offering a large variety of services and uniquely qualified to meet all of your personal or business financial management and tax planning needs. What makes a CPA different from an accountant?
- Accounting graduates must complete 150 semester hours
- CPA Candidates must pass the Uniform CPA Exam, a comprehensive, rigorous four-section professional examination created to protect the public's interest and continually revised to meet the changing demands of the profession.
- CPA candidates must complete one year of professional work experience in public accounting
- New Mexico CPAs are regulated by the New Mexico Public Accountancy Board. Once certified, CPAs must meet strict state licensing guidelines including:
- Completing 120 hours of continuing professional education every three years. This requirement means a CPA is kept up to date with the new rules and regulations in the accounting and financial world.
- Abiding by a code of professional ethics
NMSCPA FIND A CPA SERVICE DISCLAIMER
Using the CPA Referral Search is free. Rates are arranged between the CPA and new client if and when a relationship is established. The New Mexico Society of CPAs is not party to any fee arrangement or agreement between the CPA and the new client.
The New Mexico Society of CPAs has not verified or validated the information each firm/business has listed. The accuracy of the information listed is solely the responsibility of the party, not of the New Mexico Society of CPAs. Listing in this Business Directory does not constitute or imply an endorsement of the services or of the firms/businesses. Neither the New Mexico Society of CPAs, nor any of its members makes any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the information contained in this service.