2018 Outstanding Member
& Women to Watch Award Recipients
Recognizing Member Excellence & Achievement since 1983
Through the outstanding member awards and Women to Watch programs the Society strives to honor and celebrate those individuals whose efforts and contributions advance the goals of NMSCPA and the CPA profession! Nominations are accepted all year, and awards are presented at the annual Pride in the Profession Luncheon held each fall.
There are nine distinct categories for member awards: Community Service; Accounting Educator; Corporate Practice; Government; Public Practice; New Member; Lifetime Achievement; Women to Watch Emerging Leader; Woman to Watch Experienced Leader.
Nominations must be made in writing by a Society member and sent to the Awards Committee.
- First, decide whom you will nominate and the category that best fits your nominee.
- Next, gather your nomination materials and submit them to the Society by email or mail; PDFs and hard copy packets are accepted.
- Nomination form – submit online or with the rest of the packet.
- Nominee's resume or bio – a detailed LinkedIn profile displaying the nominee's work history may be substituted if the resume is not available.
- Letters of recommendation – written by colleagues, clients, nonprofits, etc.
If applicable, articles written by or about the nominee.
- Other supporting evidence.
- Society staff will confirm the receipt of the nomination packet and the nominee's eligibility, and then present the completed packet to the Awards Committee for consideration.
- Lastly, Society staff will contact all members who submitted a nomination to notify them of the Awards Committee's decision and will notify award winners directly with a congratulatory letter.
View past Outstanding Member award recipients.
Women to Watch Winners
The Women to Watch awards are presented by NMSCPA,
the AICPA Work/Life and Women’s Initiative Committee,
and Robert Half International.
The awards were initiated in 2005.
|2017||Emily K. Oster||2011||Karen Heerschap|
|2016||Anne Layne||2010||Laura Beltran-Schmitz|
|2015||Jessica Bundy||2009||Rhonda Williams|
|2015||Sarah Brack||2008||Donna Peace|
|2014||Lynette Kennard||2007||Mandy Funchess|
|2013||Lisa Todd||2006||Shelly McGuire|
|2012||Halie Garcia||2005||Suzette Longfellow|
|2017||Barbara A. Lewis||2009||Karen Della Site|
|2016||Janet McHard||2008||Georgie Ortiz|
|2012||Dacia Comunas||2007||Jan Goodwin|
|2011||Sandra K. Ricci||2006||Virginia Stanley|
|2010||Christine E. Wright||2005||Rosane “Bobbi” Hayes
Judith A. Wagner